In transcribing the series, I have made an incredibly meticulous effort in preserving every detail of the original VHS subtitles. That having been said, I did make corrections after transcribing. So what kind of corrections were made?

Ones that were either outright wrong, such as spelling errors for example, or ones that were inconsistent, such as “AT Field” versus “A.T. Field” (notice the periods). American English standards were used for spelling and punctuation.

If you take a look at the documented corrections included in the download, you may notice that the number of changes is alarmingly high. To those who fear that this indicates this is not the VHS translation they know and love, fear not:

  • Only a little over 1% of the script underwent corrections that actually change the meaning of the subtitles (corrections such as translation).
  • Less than 8% of the script underwent any type of change at all, and the vast majority of those changes are typographical corrections that have no effect on sentence structure or meaning (such as moving a quotation mark to the correct side of a period).

Most of the changes are incredibly minor details you wouldn’t notice unless you are a sharp-eyed editor (or someone like me methodically transcribing one character at a time). I tried to be as unintrusive as possible, and stick to only correcting what are undoubtedly mistakes. If I felt that making a correction could compromise ADV’s vision as an English adaptation, then I left it as is.

Also keep in mind that some of the rows in the corrections spreadsheet are nothing more than notes (as opposed to actual corrections).

See Corrections.ods for detailed documentation of every single correction I made (located in the Documentation folder of the download).